Monday, June 30, 2008

all in the family

I don’t care for the actress who is currently playing Beth Logan. Besides, she doesn’t look much older than Kathryn Kelly Lang. I know I’m supposed to care about this mystery she’s cultivating, but mostly I don’t care. She’s playing it too indifferent so I find myself being more bored with her and disgusted by the whole plot. Then she makes the big reveal and doesn't even shed tears? Oy. I've seen actresses cry over the wrong shoes and she doesn't even cry over the fact that she's losing her mind?

Beth's story is one of those story lines that makes me turn off the tv and wait until I can read about it later in the weekly wrap-ups.

And I don’t get it, if the daughters loved their Mom sooooo much, why didn’t THEY keep in touch with her? Why didn't they visit her? When Storm died, she claimed it was like “a knife in the heart because I know when he went my memories of him went with him.” Um, hello? Why then wouldn’t you come to the funeral to see your son one last time? Makes no sense.


Plus this whole “Donna is ruining our lives and our company” b.s. is wearing really thin. It’s pounded into our heads on every damn show and it’s so ridiculous to begin with; overall it’s just a very weak storyline, so no doubt I’ll stop watching this one for awhile. B&B is the sort of show that I cannot watch consistently. The constant bed hopping, making dramatic mountains out of boring molehills and characters who claim their undying love for a person on one show and then proclaim their undying love for another person the next day when that didn’t work out all combine to make for an overall unwatchable show for me. Ergo, I can only handle it in bits and pieces.

No comments: